Jan 2015 IRL
|February 5, 2015||Posted by Melinda under Mel's Life, Pregnancy, Uncategorized|
Better late then never! Let’s look at what ponies and Mel did last month.
Nada. Zip. Some turn out. I’ve said hello to her and given her scratches. She was an angel for the vet. Nothing else.
To be honest my focus is elsewhere right now. I need to get Farley ready for a 50 miler in 4-5 months, and I need to not drop the ball on my running. MerryLegs is doing just fine chillin’ in her pasture and playing snakey mare face with her fencemates (don’t think I haven’t noticed oh tall one…). She goes off to the trainer at the end of this month, which is a HUGE sense of calm for me. MerryLegs isn’t sitting forever, she’s pending and there’s a shelf life to her “nothing-ness”. I feel no pressure to get her to a certain point prior to sending her off to the trainer – she’s a respectful filly who tries hard to be good. That’s enough for me right now.
- Conclusion? 7 rides is above average compared to what I’ve been able to do over the past year. Last January I managed 5 rides with about 28 total trail miles. (this month I did 21.5 miles). This makes me a little more confident that we are on track for a 50 mile completion in late spring/early summer.
Total miles was 49.07 miles, with an average run of about 5.45 miles. Average pace was 10.41 min/mile.
- Conclusion: These stats are pretty average for what I’ve done over the last year.
- 2 long runs (10 miles each)
- 2 interval runs
- 2 treadmill runs that I did “hill work”
- 3 easy runs
I’m pleased with the break down – the advice I’m following during my 5k training plan says that my long runs are the first priority to get in, then the “race specific training” (which shows up here listed as interval training), followed by easy runs. Only if I’m meeting those goals should I throw in another quality workout like hill work. My training looks very balanced this month, even if the number of times I actually ran is not as high as I would like.
- Keep plugging away at my 5k training
- Run a 50k race this month and treat it like a long training run
- Get Farley out for a 3 hour ride
- Get some dressage and cart stuff done
- Ship ML off to the trainers at the end of the month!