Have a question about your pet and want Dr. Mel to provide advice, resources, or recommendations? Schedule a consult!
Cost: $50 a session. Includes written summary of the visit and recommendations, and three days of email follow-up communication.
Please contact me at [email protected] with your preference of communication platform (email, phone, FaceTime, zoom, other) and 2-3 meeting times. Same day, after hours, and evening sessions welcome! (Pending availability)
I’m happy to review medical records, videos, pictures, and help you decide what the best next steps are for whatever issue you and your pet are having. These visits do not establish a *VCPR for purposes of diagnosing, treating, or prescribing drugs. Please see your regular veterinarian for those services. If you think your pet needs emergency care please follow up with your nearest emergency veterinary hospital.
*VCPR – Veterinary-client-pet-relationship, a legally defined relationship required to diagnose and treat your pet, including prescribing drugs.
What kinds of questions and discussions can I help you with?
I can provide general advice, share resources that have helped me and my clients in the past, and answer your questions. Examples of common topics include:
- Questions about a recent diagnosis or upcoming procedure
- Help deciding whether your pet needs to be seen by a veterinarian.
- Nutrition, behavior, or product questions
- Over the counter medication dosages and safety information
- How to administer medications
- Clarify medical information
- Get help finding care in your area
- Quality of life discussions and end of life planning for your pet
- Deworming and vaccination questions
What if I need help and you aren’t available?
- Call your regular veterinarian
- Call or visit or local emergency clinic
- Check out Airvet – an app that let’s you call a veterinarian anytime
For more information email me at [email protected]