Interested in an article?
I allow republishing of articles in their entirety from this blog to your site as long as a link back to MelNewton.com is provided and you contact me prior to publication. If you are interested in republishing a post and need updated content (typically at least 20% new content), I would be happy to provide a revised version of the post for your use. I can also create new, unpublished content for your online or print media. I do perform pro-bono work, however pro-bono projects are a lower priority than paid or sponsored projects.
I consider affiliate and advertising opportunities carefully. Partnerships must be relevant to veterinary medicine, equine endurance, or ultra-running and provide value to my readers. Please let me know what you have in mind.
Contact email: [email protected]
Beyond the Blog Publications
Challenges of the Home-Hospitalized Horse
- Published in the Ride and Tie Newsletter Feb 2017
RnT Feb 2017 Newsletter (page 13)
A little R&R
- Discusses rest and recovery in the horse and human athlete
- Winner of 2014 Jim Steere Memorial Ride and Tie Veterinary Student Scholarship
A Hot Topic
- Heat conditioning in the horse and human athlete
- Winner of the 2013 Jim Steere Memorial Ride and Tie Veterinary Student Scholarship
Endurance 101 book review
- Published in AERC Endurance News Spring Extra 2013
Splints in Horses (repeat from a previous blog post)
Mel’s other blogs
- Interested in learning more about Tess my underbaked Brittany dog? Visit her blog!
- The John Newbery Medal is named for John Newbery, an 18th century English publisher of juvenile books. Since 1922 the award has been given to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children. Carolyn and Mel discuss Newbery books on this blog, in a thoughtful and honest way.
- A collection of my favorite recipes.
Did you know that Dr. Mel Newton is Orvetta Black?
- A Bar Napkin Guide: Play Any Instrument – published 2018
- A Bar Napkin Guide: Format & Publish Your Ebook Today – release late 2018
- Timewalker fiction series Book 1 – release mid 2018
Orvetta Black’s books can be found in a variety of electronic and print editions. For more information on upcoming projects and where to buy Orvetta’s book, visit Orvetta’s facebook page or email Orvetta at [email protected]