|April 25, 2012||Posted by Melinda under Uncategorized|
To go commando….or not?
On the spelling – one “m” or two? Definitely not something I’m googling during class, so we’ll go with 2!
Edit, after seeing comments on facebook and a realize that the beginning of this post is rather non-specific…..: I’m specifically referring to endurance riding!!!! But feel free to take it any direction you would like in the comments…..
1. Commando is definitely preferable to wearing crap underwear with nasty seams in nasty places. But is commando preferable to well made underwear? (like these?). The jury’s out.
2. There’s no underwear lines in the commando state.
3. Holes and splits in riding tights are awkward without underwear. And it happens way more often than you would think. And then you’ve lost the chance to show off your really cute underwear.
4. How cool would it be to have underwear that MATCHES your tack when the paramedics cut off your tight????? Just saying’….
5. It’s so much easier to pee in the bushes in the commando state. Girls, trust me on this. And while the risk of exposing nether parts upon tight failure is higher, pulling up tights after a pit stop only takes a nanosecond without underwear as compared to a microsecond with…….
6. It makes riding tight changes in the middle of rides at the vet checks difficult. Instead of pretending that your granny panties cover at least as much as your swim suit and thus gives you license to dance your fanny around, into a fresh pair of tights……commando means that you should show at least SOME sign of being embarrassed as your shiny white hinny bounces around. And if you are wondering what all this bouncing and jumping is about….you’ve never tried to change OUT of wet tights, INTO dry tights on a cold rainy ride while trying to keep your balance on a wet tarp, while holding onto your horse’s lead rope.
7. The only time you go commando will be the time your tights fail at the seams. HOWEVER –> is this made up for, by the amount of embarrassment you will experience, having to pull from a 100 because your have blood soaking your tights from the rubs and chafing of a poorly selected pair of underpants?
8. The judge may or may not be so distracted by the sight of your bare bum through the rip in your tights that he may or may not notice that your horse is a bit hockey.
9. Ummm…..commando lets you practice your inner “nudist”. (OK – I admit that I’m close enough to 10 discussion points that I’m just starting to make up).
10. Bottom line: commando is a personal decision that very well might affect others –> i.e. the amount of fun we will have at your expense. Is the comfort worth it? Maybe.