10 ways to get the training in
|September 27, 2016||Posted by Melinda under Uncategorized|
It’s tough to get the training in. Jobs, kids, other hobbies and responsibilities. Here’s 10 ways to do it.
- Buy a treadmill. Be one of the small percentage that actually uses it.
- Wake up early.
- Do it after the rest of the family goes to bed.
- Make it your stress and celebration outlet – not tv, food, facebook, or going to the bar.
- Make friends who run or ride long distances and spend your socializing time on the trails.
- Do it during lunch time (bonus heat training!).
- Make simpler dinners that are faster to prepare. Buy some ingredients prepared – pre-boiled eggs, washed and cut vegetables, cooked chicken etc.
- Pay someone to do something that takes you time that you don’t enjoy – lawn care, laundry, dusting, detailing the care…whatever you feel obligated to do that is stealing time out of your day.
- Leave stuff undone and prioritize trail time.
- Be as creative finding solutions as you are tempted to construct excuses.
I’ve written it with running in mind since that’s the big event that’s coming up, but a lot of them apply to riding as well. Now GO DO IT!