Buck Meadows CANCELLED
|November 4, 2009
|Posted by Melinda under Uncategorized
Yep – no fifty miler for me this weekend. No renegade trial before Desert Gold at Thanksgiving.
So here are my options:
1. Try to do the Oroville LOVE ride which is also Saturday.
- Con: 2.5 hours away. It’s suppose to rain the day before and the day of the ride. I am gone all week – only arriving home shortly after noon on Friday. I’m nervous about her tying up after a week off. She never has….but it doens’t mean it couldn’t happen. I felt I could manage this risk better at buckmeadows because I had done the ride before. If I don’t do this ride, that’s $100 to put towards a show or ride in the future.
- Pro: I know the area really well – I condition there a lot. It’s 20 minutes from my parents. It gives me the opportunity to try out the boots – however if I lose a boot it’s not barefoot friendly. I was hoping to earn another mileage patch before the end of the season. Without this ride, it’s not possible.
2. Condition this weekend and possibly go for an overnight backpacking trip.
- Con: I’m bored of most of the trails in my area. I don’t get to trial the boots at a ride. It is doubtful I would feel comfortable asking for 2 days at Desert Gold if I don’t do a ride this weekend.
- Pros: Saves Money, I can tailor each day to how she and I both feel. If I day trip each day, I can do varied terrain. I can sleep in. I can wake up with furry kitty cats nestled around me each morning.
I think you can guess what I’m leaning towards. Still, I’m dissapointed. The ride was wonderful when I did it last year and I’ll definately support it when it’s rescheduled for this spring.