Very important question!!!!!
|September 13, 2013||Posted by Melinda under Uncategorized|
I’m currently scheduling my life through May 2015….that’s right – this month I’m picking my clinical rotations and scheduling externships through my GRADUATION from vet school.
Even though I’ll get a total of 5 weeks vacation between April 2014 and May 2015, only one of those weeks will be “guaranteed” – ie only one is available for me to schedule. The rest will be used by the people who put together the clinical rotation schedule to make the schedule “work”.
That one week is to be used for “getting married”, “being in a wedding”, “going to a bar mistvah”.
Of course you know exactly what my first thought was…….
Here’s the problem. There are 2 really cool horsey things I could do next summer.
2. Ride and tie Championships.
The events are a month apart and while I *might* be able to do some scheduling that gives me a shot at doing both…..I’ll only be guarenteed one.
So, which one should I do?
Ride and Tie Championships PROS
– I’ll get a buckle for finishing the long course
– I stand a really good chance of finishing
– There’s enough people I know that can run and ride, that even if my regular partner has to back out, or there’s a horse issue, I have a back up horse (Farley) and lots of backup partners. Thus my chances of making it to the start line is high
– I’ve never done it before – NEW EXPERIENCE!!!!!
– It’s less of a time and money commitment compared to Tevis.
RnT Championship CONS
– it’s not Tevis
– I love the trail, I love the ride
What do my readers think?