ML saga update: follow up bloodwork
|January 9, 2015||Posted by Melinda under Uncategorized|
I got Tuesday’s blood results back today and it’s good news! Her chem panel is normal (has remained normal throughout the whole ordeal which was the bright light in the midst of dark gloom) and her SAA which was over 7,000 at the beginning of this whole thing was…..6 on Tuesday.
Vet agreed she looks much improved (commented on the weight gain yada yada) and agreed it’s time to try no antibiotics. We will recheck SAA in two weeks.
To be perfectly honest she went off of antibiotics Wednesday morning, without having the results of the blood work back. Even before that I wasn’t perfect, missing two or three doses a week (out of a total of 14 doses a week) because I just couldn’t some evenings or mornings. I’m human, and flawed, and somewhat lazy. :). Oh. And I’m in vet school and in *that* rotation that is a lot of fun, but the hours are long.
And it looks like my gut was right that she was going to be fine. Now to wait the two weeks (she’s going to be very unhappy about her mostly twice a day mash going away!) and see what I’ve got…and four weeks after that she’s off to the trainer!
(And many many thanks to the blog reader and local-ish friend that went to the stable and met the vet and helped get the blood draw while I was in clinic. I’ll be looking for someone to do it again in two weeks. Sigh. It’s so hard asking for help!)